Junior Systems Administrator
Catania Oils currently has an opening for a Junior Systems Administrator. Under the direction of the Manager of Information Technology and the Senior Network Engineer and the Network /SQL Admin, the Junior System Administrator will assist in maintaining Catania’s System and Network Equipment Operations. These responsibilities include but are not limited to; the daily maintenance of Desktops and Laptops, Data Backup Solutions, Server hardware and Infrastructure hardware, Daily Monitoring of , back office applications, remote access systems, network and infrastructure disaster recovery, and general network administration and support. Activities also include the physical networking devices, routers, switches, and VPN devices, the network enterprise systems and active directory structure. Additionally, this person will work within the company’s IT Management System to provide technical support in a timely manner. We may consider a College Student who has completed at least 2 years in a computer related field and has had the following work experience:
- Administer as instructed, servers, desktop computers, laptops, tablets, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, VoIP Telephony, card access systems, smartphones, 2-way radios, etc.
· Perform hardware installations / upgrades including all requirements gathering & asset management.
· Assume primary responsibility for overall Windows Desktop, Laptop, Tablet and Server updates, patch management
- Maintain the integrity, security, stability, and performance of Catania’s on premise network, remote functionality and home office environments.
- Assist the Network/SQL Admin, the Sr Network Engineer, and the Manager of IT, in maintaining the Security & Integrity of the Company’s Data, Software, Client Systems, and Enterprise Network, policies relating to Information Technologies.
- Maintain and Manage the firm’s in house and off-site backup infrastructure
- Have a basic knowledge of SQL databases.
- Provide daily oversight of desktop and server environment monitoring systems
- Document all services, changes, updates and additions by utilizing the IT Management system.
- Ability to establish and maintain Windows architecture best practices and standards, including procedures, templates, and relevant documentation
· Strong analytical skills, with the ability to strategically diagnose and resolve issues and clearly document all resolution processes and not just reactively respond to trouble tickets
- Must be able to respond to unanticipated situations without notice and be available off hours and/or weekends when needed
- This responsibility will include both going between our two facilities on Nemco Way in Ayer, possible travel to remote offices located in New York and Florida, as well as occasional travel to any future facilities outside of our local area.
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb stairs and walk long distances through two 110,000 sq. ft. facilities
- Minimum of Associates degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two plus (2+) years’ technical experience, building and supporting Windows Desktop and/or Server hardware
- 2+ years Desktop , laptop and tablet, Configuration, setup, repair
- A True Desire to Work, Learn and Contribute, in a Fast Paced, Team Oriented, Highly Technical, Food Processing Environment, using cutting edge technologies, while dedicated to supporting Catania’s Mission to produce the highest quality products and to provide our customers with the best service in the industry.
· Strong organizational, presentation, and communication skills, with ability to document all resolution processes so they are repeatable. High energy level, superior interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a very supportive team atmosphere.
- Must be well organized, dependable, and detail-oriented, and be able to closely follow direction and meet deadlines.
ANY OF THESE ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS A PLUS:
- Microsoft Certifications
- Windows Server administration experience
- Active Directory & Group Policy Administration experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Products, 2010, 2016, 365
- Familiarity with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Familiarity with Quest’s Appassure/ Rapid Recovery/Backup Solution
- Familiarity with Microsoft’s Group Policy Administration
- Familiarity with Lans, Wans, Vlans
- Familiarity with MS Exchange administration
- Familiarity with basic operation and configuration of Dell, Extreme and/or HP Switches
- Familiarity with Terminal Services administration
- Familiarity with Hyper-V, Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016
- Familiarity with Technology Group International’s Enterprise 21 ERP system
- Familiarity with Manage Engine IT Management Solution
- Familiarity with QDBC by Cama Software
- DocStar, Document Management Systems
- SonicWALL Firewall/VPN devices
- Dell’s DDPE (Dell Data Protection & Encryption)
- Basic Cisco Router knowledge
- Ruckus Wireless Access Points knowledge
The Catania Oils IT Department maintains a culture where we value and consider all the input and contributions of all department members, while encouraging collaborative behaviors that reduce redundancies, and continually improve on the quality of our services, network functionality and our work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer