Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corps is a leader in child welfare and juvenile justice in Massachusetts. Every year, we help hundreds of children, youths, and their families deal successfully with behavioral and emotional issues at nearly a dozen facilities throughout the state. Our innovative and comprehensive programming, which includes residential treatment, educational services, community-based services, and therapeutic support, helps the children we serve grow into healthy and productive members of their communities. We bring compassion and creativity to all we do and provide a stable and nurturing environment in which children heal, learn, grow, and succeed.
Elementary Special Education Teacher -
We are seeking an Elementary SPED Teacher to work with an ED/BD population in an approved SPED School using a collaborative team approach. Our school, located in Lancaster, Massachusetts, has small class sizes.
• Operate a classroom that meets the students’ needs for safety, educational growth and social/emotional development
• Evaluate students’ specific educational needs and develop educational plans and programs to meet those needs
• Participate in TEAM meetings, Treatment Team Meetings and Clinical Meetings that involve any of your students
• Follow and actively participate in the implementation of the Behavior Management System (including the possibility of physical management)
• Supervise and develop a team atmosphere with the teacher’s assistant assigned to your classroom
• Act as a positive adult role model with students and a positive team member with all RFK staff and outside collaterals
• Assume other responsibilities necessary to ensure program safety and continuity
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license; Bachelor’s degree; Must have Elementary - SPED Licensure (or have applied for certification through the Department of Education); Experience working in a 766 program is preferred; Salary based on licensure and education.
If interested please send resume, along with a cover letter to:
Valerie L. Paen, M.Ed.
RFK Lancaster School
220 Old Common Road
Lancaster, MA 01523