Nashoba Nursing Service & Hospice (NNS&H) is currently seeking an experienced full-time Hospice Homecare Registered Nurse to join our team of professionals in Shirley, MA.
At Nashoba Nursing Service & Hospice (NNS&H) you'll experience a rewarding career working with a committed team offering a work life balance. You'll be able to focus on quality, one-on-one care with patients and enjoy less travel than other home care agencies.
Everyday you'll experience the rewarding impact of your work...the difference you make!
We invite you to build your career with NNS&H and help contribute to the future success of our organization. To learn more, we welcome you to visit us at: Nashoba.org
We are a certified Home Health and Hospice agency under the auspices of the Nashoba Associated Boards of Health. A community choice since 1931 serving local Middlesex and Worcester counties of Massachusetts.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, the Hospice RN works under the direct supervision of the Clinical Manager. The Hospice RN will coordinate nursing assessment, planning and care in order to maximize the comfort and health of patients and their families. S/he is responsible for identifying patient/family needs and providing supportive care and appropriate services, in accordance with the primary care physician’s orders and the plan of care.
Assumes primary responsibility for nursing care to patients and support to their families, including assessment, implementation, and evaluation of the plan of care in all settings. Communicates with the Medical Director, other interdisciplinary team members, attending physicians, and other agency personnel for coordination of care and utilization of resources for patient and family. Attends meetings, as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team, and facilitates communication of issues for full staff discussion, consultation, knowledge, and support in updating the plan of care. Obtains data on physical, psychological, social, and spiritual factors that may influence patient/family end of life care. Maintains up-to-date electronic patient records so that problems, plans, actions and goals are accurately and clearly stated and that changes are reflected as they occur. Provides appropriate support at time of death and participates in the initial bereavement plan of care.
- Current RN MA Licensure.
- 2 years of Hospice and Homecare experience preferred, 2 years medical/surgical, sub acute experience preferred.
- Currently holds a valid driver’s license.
- Must be flexible to make home care visits as agency needs.
- Required on call rotation for weekends and evenings.
- Ability to learn and be proficient with required documentation software using agency electronic device.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Short-term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Earned Benefit Time including: vacation, sick, holiday and personal time.
- Membership in Massachusetts State Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Plan