Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Provides skilled nursing care to clients as directed by the registered nurse and physician’s plan of care in accordance with agency policies.
- Promotes and maintains client health through teaching and appropriate rehabilitative measures under the guidance of the registered nurse who is assigned to the same case.
- Assists clients in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Helps to achieve and maintain continuity of client care by assisting in planning and exchanging information with other health professionals.
- Prepares clinical progress notes and follows client care plans as developed by the registered nurse and according to agency policy.
- Assists the physician and registered nurse in performing specialized procedures for which competency has been established.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments observing aseptic technique as required.
- Keeps abreast of changes and trends affecting nursing care and licensed nurse functions.
- Attends client care conferences, meets with the quality improvement reviewer weekly and communicates regularly with the registered nurse.
- Communicates current health status and needs of clients to appropriate health professionals.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of a certified LPN nursing program.
- Licensed to practice as a practical/vocational nurse in the state.
- Experience in Homecare preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Must currently hold a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be flexible to make home care visits as agency needs.
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented and a team-player
- Ability to learn and be proficient with required documentation software using agency electronic device.
Benefits: Nashoba Nursing Service & Hospice offers full and prorated benefit packages depending on hours including:
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life and Accidental Death insurance
- Short-term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Earned Benefit Time including: vacation, sick, holiday and personal time.
- Membership in Massachusetts State Retirement System
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.Indeed.com
- Fax Number: 978-425-6671, Location: Shirley, MA
- Compensation based on experience and qualificaitons
- Principals only, Recruiters please don't contact this job poster
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commerical interests