Potpourri Group Inc., referred to as "PGI", was founded in 1963, publishing a single consumer catalog title. New brands were added through internal development and acquisitions so that today PGI has grown to be one of the most successful multi-brand direct-to-consumer merchants in America, serving millions of customers a year.
Potpourri Group offers a diverse work environment with many functional areas and roles. We're always looking for talented people for both professional career opportunities as well as part-time and seasonal positions.
At Potpourri Group, Inc. (PGI) we look for unique talent and skills, and above all else, passion. Our employees are enthusiastic team members who love what they do, and come to work every day ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. Employees here take initiative, take pride in their work and accomplishments, and are trusted to work independently but we are team players known for sharing ideas, support, and resources.
PGI is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, informal meetings, and even hallway and coffee room conversations. The workload is significant, deadlines run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they care. People are more than just co-workers at PGI and it’s more than just another job here. It’s a calling, it’s a community, and it’s a career.
Position Overview : The Inventory Refurbishment Coordinator is responsible for the oversight and guidance of returning active returned merchandise into a saleable condition to replenish current inventory. The Inventory Refurbishment Coordinator will work with the Returns Department to establish standards and practices to disposition returned goods as return to stock, liquidation or refurbishment. The Inventory Refurbishment Coordinator will lead efforts to prioritize corrective action based on inventory needs. Returned goods will be sorted based on required corrective action which could range from repackaging, folding, relabeling, ironing, steaming, cleaning, drying and or sewing. Refurbished products may range from apparel to hard goods depending on the established minimum value and standards established by PGI. Once corrective action has been completed the Refurbishment Department will coordinate saleable product to be returned to picking locations.
- Will coordinate the work of the staff to maximize productivity to meet turn time goal of 72 hours.
- Return goods to saleable condition.
- Coordinate with the Return Lead\Manager the disposition/inventory moves of refurbished goods into and out of the refurbishment area.
- Monitor refurbishment work and prioritize by item retail and inventory needs.
- Sort refurbishment products based on required corrective actions.
- Assignment, monitoring and verification of refurbishment.
- Assessment of additional refurbishment needs, current and projected.
- Coordinate with DC and Merchandise staff to resolve product issues if applicable.
- Inspect vendor quality concerns with product that has been received and report results to appropriate management.
- Address labeling, packaging and packing issues.
- Report/Communicate with Merchant department to address root causes of refurbishment; including the Volume/Return reasons for refurbishment.
- Distribute product samples and send photos to Merchandising as needed.
- Communicate defective and other return issues with Merchandising.
- Tasks include but not limited to: repackaging, folding, relabeling, ironing, steaming, cleaning, drying and or sewing. Products can range from apparel to hard goods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Iron, steam, folding and the ability to operate machinery required to refurbish inventory.
- Re-packaging to meet standards for resale.
- Pull work order and locate product in return staging area. This could require the use of a pallet jack
- Via computer, print and attach product labels and bar coding labels when needed
- Track work progress via incentive sheets.
- Maintain product log of return items and identify high return products.
- Notify management of any discrepancies.
- Prioritize workflow based on inventory needs.
- Monitor, maintain and log all daily activity along with the incentive program.
- Effectively communicate with other shifts and departments.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work well independently.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to perform any related job, willingness to train and coach new employees.
- Prior quality control experience is preferred.
- Computer literate in: Outlook, Excel, Word
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a daily basis. Position requires standing for long periods of time. Some of the items that are inspected are very small, so the Coordinator must be able to accurately inspect merchandise with or without corrective vision accommodations.
- Earning and growth potential
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, and 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
Please visit our corporate website at www.PotpourriGroup.com for more information.
Potpourri Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer