Potpourri Group Inc., referred to as "PGI", was founded in 1963, publishing a single consumer catalog title. New brands were added through internal development and acquisitions so that today PGI has grown to be one of the most successful multi-brand direct-to-consumer merchants in America, serving millions of customers a year.
Potpourri Group offers a diverse work environment with many functional areas and roles. We're always looking for talented people for both professional career opportunities as well as part-time and seasonal positions.
At Potpourri Group, Inc. (PGI) we look for unique talent and skills, and above all else, passion. Our employees are enthusiastic team members who love what they do, and come to work every day ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. Employees here take initiative, take pride in their work and accomplishments, and are trusted to work independently but we are team players known for sharing ideas, support, and resources.
PGI is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, informal meetings, and even hallway and coffee room conversations. The workload is significant, deadlines run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they care. People are more than just co-workers at PGI and it’s more than just another job here. It’s a calling, it’s a community, and it’s a career.
The Vendor Compliance Coordinator is responsible for merchandise rework that is not compliant with the PGI Routing Guide standards. The Receiving Disposition area will identify discrepancies, document and attach rework processing form on related purchase order. Receiving Disposition will hand-off rework to the Vendor Compliance Coordinator to review non-compliant shipments and create a detailed log of the infraction and corrective action required. The Vendor Compliance Coordinator will prioritize rework purchase orders by date received and inventory needs. Once the rework is completed, the Rework department will return product to Receiving Disposition.
Position Objective: To increase PGI vendor compliance, reduce the amount of rework and labor hours used to take corrective action.
- Coordinate rework projects to maximize productivity.
- Coordinate with the Receiving Lead\Manager the transfer of rework into and out of the rework area.
- Prioritization of rework by date and inventory needs to meet turn time goal of 72 hours.
- Assignment, monitoring and verification of rework.
- Assessment of additional rework needs, current and projected.
- Coordinate with DC and Merchandise staff to resolve product issues when applicable.
- Inspect vendor quality concerns with product that has been received and report results.
- Addressing barcode, labeling, packaging, packing issues and communicate details of issues. (i.e., photos)
- Communicate with Merchandising Department and Vendors to address root causes of rework and discuss corrective action solutions.
- Maintain Vendor Scorecard.
- Reporting/Implementing Vendor Chargeback log and credit memos under the direction of the Imports Director.
- Distribute product samples and photos to Merchandising as needed
- Return to Vendor (RTV) oversight and coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull work order and locate product in staging area. This could require the use of a pallet jack
- Via computer, print and attach product labels and bar coding labels when needed
- Track work progress via incentive sheets.
- Create master carton label via computer.
- Maintain product log for items that come in non-compliant with Routing Guide.
- Notify management/vendors of any discrepancies.
- Prioritize workflow.
- Monitor, maintain and log all daily activity along with the incentive program.
- Effectively communicate with other shifts and departments.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
· Ability to work well independently.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to train and coach new employees.
· Strong communication skills; verbal and written.
· Computer skills: Microsoft Outlook and Excel
· Prior quality control experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a daily basis. Positions requires standing for long periods of time. Some of the items that are inspected are very small, so the Coordinator must be able to accurately inspect merchandise with or without vision accommodations.