NVCoC Scholarship Program
The Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce Scholarship was established to open the academic doors today for our business leaders of tomorrow. The Chamber believes in its mission statement: "to promote business and improve the quality of life in the region it serves." To that end, the Scholarship program has a twofold goal to enhance our community's quality of life by:
- preparing an educated citizenry for responsible roles within the workforce to strengthen the economic vitality of our region
- creating a corporate citizenship to promote the importance of community service and participation in community affairs
The Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce Scholarship will recognize students whose educational and career goals are committed to those principles. The academic Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating high school senior, who wishes to pursue a career in business administration or related fields and who is planning to attend a two or four year college.
- Applicants must live or attend school in one of the sixteen towns of which the Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce serves. (Ayer, Berlin, Bolton, Boylston, Clinton, Devens, Groton, Harvard, Lancaster, Littleton, Lunenburg, Pepperell, Shirley, Sterling, Townsend, West Boylston or Westford)
- Applicants must be a High School Senior planning to attend a two or four year institution of higher education.
- Preference given to students seeking a degree in Business Administration or related field.
- Participation in extra-curricular or community service will be considered.
- Awards will be for direct educational expenses such as tuition, fees, and books.
- Applicants will submit an essay (no more than 300 words) addressing the following topic: "How do you feel you, as a future business leader, could improve the quality of life in the community." The essay must be neatly hand written or typed. The essay will be evaluated for content, grammar, spelling, and presentation.
Procedure for Student Applicants:
- Complete application, including scholarship essay(s), and return to Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce by Friday, March 31, 2017
- Awards will be determined in April/May 2017 by the Nashoba Valley Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Committee.
- Awards will be granted, payable to student, upon completion of 1st semester.