Location: Westford, MA
Sr. Financial Analyst
About 1A Auto
1A Auto is a high growth e-commerce company and we pride ourselves on employing the best talent. Each team member brings a unique skill set to the table and collectively have a track record of accomplishing the most challenging of goals. We are an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great “can-do” culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
Reporting to FP&A Manager, this individual is responsible for strategic and financial analysis, KPI’s, cash flow forecasts, and special projects. The Sr. Financial Analyst coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts with the objective of achieving growth, improved profitability, or efficiency gains.
Act as a trusted advisor to senior management and challenge the business with forward thinking approaches to increase profitability including:
- ROI Analysis
- Investment Prioritization
- Scenario planning/modeling
- Developing and refining meaningful management reporting
- Preparing business recommendations based on financial analysis
- Driving continuous improvement in report and analysis automation
- Taking initiative and working independently to conduct special studies to analyze complex financial data
- Completing internal process review, documenting internal processes and providing recommendations for improved productivity and/or cost savings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Strong understanding of Financial/Accounting principles. Must have a working knowledge of balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, working capital analysis and US GAAP.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and demonstrated influencing abilities
- SQL knowledge is a must have.
- Microsoft Great Plains Dynamic knowledge is desirable.
- Candidate must possess excellent analytical and conceptual skills.
- A minimum of three years of experience is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Ecommerce, Retail, Distribution or Supply Chain experience highly desirable.
Success Drivers and Competencies:
- Must be able to convey information in a clear, focused, and concise manner.
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and executing multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required.
- Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Please note: This job description is not all inclusive, but rather is intended to capture the majority of the job functions.