Contribute to DCU’s Success Sharing and Business Goals by providing members with quality service. Understand and explain all DCU products and services, identify members’ needs, and achieve all assigned sales goals by cross-selling appropriate products and services and making qualified referrals. Open new accounts, process and book loans, originate mortgages, and perform teller duties.
• Support the sales and service culture within the branch that promotes the initiative that service + education = sales results/achievement. Provide service excellence (internal/external) the DCU Way.
• Identify the financial needs of new and existing members by building rapport and establishing strong business relationships; recognize potential sales opportunities, cross-sell appropriate products and services, and make qualified referrals.
• Foster teamwork and strengthen relationships between the branch and support departments.
• Understand and explain all DCU products and services. Open new memberships and new accounts, while adhering to established account-opening guidelines. Promote and demonstrate electronic delivery systems.
• Utilize established guidelines to process mortgage and consumer loan requests. Confirm that all conditions have been met and verify the integrity of all documents prior to opening loan. Input loans, prepare loan documents and conduct loan closings.
• Adhere to all DCU policies and procedures, which include security compliance and following guidelines intended to limit risk exposure to fraud and losses. Review exceptions and escalate when necessary.
• Audit membership applications, account maintenance forms, new account applications and completed loan files. May also be required to assist with end of day Branch Balancing, Instant Issuance Balancing, ATM balancing.
• Accurately process all routine teller transactions while maintaining a cash variance record within the guidelines of the “Cash Variance Policy”.
• Complete all required Bank Secrecy Act related training annually and maintain knowledge of current BSA policies, specifically those related to cash handling (CTR filing) and identifying and reporting possible suspicious activity.
• Support business decisions by working in other areas of the Credit Union, such as the Information Center, support departments and other branch locations when needed.
• May be required to support branch staffing needs by providing manager coverage if manager and assistant manager are out of the office.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Prior sales and service experience, excellent verbal communication skills and ability to handle multiple priorities required. Prior lending experience and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Customer Service Experience
Loan Processing Experience
Cash Handling Experience
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
6 months - 1 year Teller Experience
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.