DPW Youth Program SupervisorThe Town of Ayer, Massachusetts is seeking a self-motivated, qualified applicant for the position of DPW Youth Program Supervisor. Responsible for the daily operation and supervision of 4 high school age youths working on various public works related projects including painting, cleaning, brush cutting, landscaping and facility maintenance.
Duties include, but are not limited to: orientation, training, supervision, and evaluation of program personnel; overall program design; communication with DPW, families and Town personnel; and enforcement of policies and procedures regarding safety and quality.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED. Some college or trade school experience is preferred.
- Must possess six (6) or more months of experience working with teens in a supervisory, educational or recreational setting. Previous experience in a youth work program is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
- Must be able to pass a CORI.
- Ability to lead large groups, communicate effectively with supervisors and town personnel, supervise staff, and respond proactively to a variety of challenges.
$22.00 per hour, 35 hours per week, 5 days per week, 9 week summer position.
For Application Package, contact the Ayer DPW (978)-772-8240, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or download the application form here. Application and resume, in confidence, should be received no later than 3 PM Wednesday June 5, by the Superintendent of Public Works, 25 Brook Street, Ayer, MA 01432. Ayer is an EO/AA Employer.