Potpourri Group Inc., referred to as "PGI", was founded in 1963, publishing a single consumer catalog title. New brands were added through internal development and acquisitions so that today PGI has grown to be one of the most successful multi-brand direct-to-consumer merchants in America, serving millions of customers a year.
At PGI, we look for unique talent and skills, and above all else, passion. Our employees are enthusiastic team members who love what they do, and come to work every day ready to jump in and roll up their sleeves. Employees here take initiative, take pride in their work and accomplishments, and are trusted to work independently while being team players known for sharing ideas, support, and resources.
PGI is a collaborative team-oriented environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Team members are encouraged to think outside of the box, be creative, and push the envelope. Ideas are welcomed and generated through brainstorming, informal meetings, and even hallway and coffee room conversations. The workload is significant, deadlines run tight, critical projects are always on the table, but everyone pulls together to “get it done” because they care. People are more than just co-workers at PGI and it’s more than just another job here. It’s a calling, it’s a community, and it’s a career.
This position will support the Human Resources Department at our Littleton location. The position is responsible for clerical and administrative duties.
- Flexible work hours and scheduling available for this position.
- Assist with new hire orientations. Assist with recruiting activities including organizing all in-coming resumes (mail, fax, internet, phone) and sending acknowledgments of receipt; assisting with ad placements; follow-up calls to applicants for additional information;
- Coordinating and setting up interviews; job fair assistance including site tours, etc.; responding to candidates regarding status of employment decisions (i.e., not hired applicants).
- Responsible for tracking of all pre-employment screening activity (drug screens, physicals, reference checking, etc.) and coordination of results to appropriate Human Resources personnel. Responsible for conducting on-site drug and alcohol testing; responsible for processing all background checks.
- Assist employees with their Human Resources questions and issues, and ensure that appropriate follow-up is made either through final resolution or delegation of issue to another member of the HR department.
- Assist with the processing of New Hires and other personal information changes into HRIS database as needed.
- Monitor form and supplies inventory and place reorders or make copies as necessary.
- Responsible for all department filing, records maintenance and general overall department organization.
- Responsible for reports, statements and other miscellaneous distributions (i.e., 401(k) quarterly reports, SPD’s, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
- Must have a minimum of six months prior experience in Human Resources or similar environment, or equivalent experience and/or education.
- Candidate must be flexible to work days, overtime, and some evenings. i
- Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and have top-notch organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who is able to set and change priorities as needed
- Team-player who is willing to jump in wherever needed at a moment’s notice
- Prior recruiting or recruiting support experience is a plus
- Bilingual preferred but not required
- Earning and growth potential
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, and 401k with Company Match
- Paid Vacation Time, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Employee Discounts
Please visit our corporate website at www.PotpourriGroup.com for more information.
Potpourri Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer