Apprentice Maintenance Worker
Your role :
As an Apprentice Maintenance Worker you will be responsible to learn and assist in maintaining optimum asset health for all plant equipment, systems, and structures by performing inspections, repairs and modifications to equipment and structures consistent with established requirements. To succeed, you must be able to:
- Deliver results in first-time situations by inspiring others and working to earn trust every day.
- Serve others with understanding, respect, and care.
- Operate with simplicity, clarity and transparency.
- Deal with and drive change.
- Organize, prioritize and own multiple tasks while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Learn and apply new technology, and share your knowledge with others.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Learn/assist team members with the preventative and on-demand maintenance on all plant systems
- Work in a safe and professional manner with Safety always being the top priority
- Comply with GMP, HACCP and Regulatory mandates
- Ensure all proper documentation is completed and filed appropriately
- Become familiar with equipment and operations within entire facility
- Perform housekeeping and sanitation duties as related to work areas
- Learn to troubleshoot problems and correct them in a timely and most economical manner
- Be available for 24 hour stand-by for emergency maintenance calls as scheduled
- Learn to prioritize maintenance issues and correct them efficiently
Essential skills and experience:
- High school graduate or GED
- Must speak and understand English
- Strong reading comprehension, writing, math, and communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and or written instructions.
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Basic knowledge of electricity
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Able to operate most power tools
Good to have :
- Strong work planning and decision-making skills.
- Analytical skills to recognize problems or potential problems
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Able to weld
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle pressure and stress.
- Interpersonal Skills - Communication, & Team skills.
- Reliable attendance
- Knowledge of power transmission and precision maintenance methods
Physical requirements and working conditions (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Walking, Climbing, Squatting, Bending, Lifting
- Able to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
- Capable of climbing stairs, ladders, and working from heights safely
- Able to work extended hours as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be willing to work shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.
APPLY ON COMPANY WEBSITE