Location: Westford, MA
Department: Product Management / Purchasing
Director/Sr. Director of Procurement
About 1A Auto
1A Auto is a high growth e-commerce company and we pride ourselves on employing the best talent. Each team member brings a unique skill set to the table and collectively have a track record of accomplishing the most challenging of goals. We are an online aftermarket auto parts retailer headquartered northwest of Boston. We are a leader in our market and are positioned for further growth. We offer a great “can-do” culture, a casual work environment, and the opportunity to apply your skills in a rewarding situation.
We are seeking someone who has the vision to make the Procurement function a competitive differentiator. Candidates must be passionate about improving the process, developing models to increase accuracy, maximizing ROI and developing people. Key responsibilities include domestic and overseas ordering, calculating stock levels, and maintaining the purchasing database through the accounting system. This role works very closely with the Product Development Team, our Taiwan Trading Company and the Distribution Centers to maintain data integrity for all products and to coordinate receiving, and the stock levels in each Distribution Center.
- Directing overseas procurement of finished goods with experience of an annual spend of at least 50 million
- Creates vision and strategy for continuous improvement to the end to end supply chain
- Assess and understand forecasting methodology used to develop appropriate procurement strategy to minimize cost of potential errors
- Effectively communicate results of KPIs, root cause analysis and present necessary action plans to management
- Analyzes supply chain flow, identifies bottlenecks, problem areas, and critical control points and drives/influences innovative solutions
- In charge of day to day Procurement operations and managing the Procurement team
- Supports supplier business reviews to drive continuous improvement
- Develops sourcing strategies to ensure business continuity and contingency planning (e.g., second sourcing.)
- Domestic and overseas ordering
- Calculate and maintain stock levels in each DC
- Distribution center support for receiving of overseas and domestic products
- Leads new system and process initiatives cross-functionally to increase the value delivered by procurement (e.g., lean, value engineering, etc.)
- Researches, evaluates, develops, and implements leading edge supplier management tools and techniques.
- Return defective products
- Participate in selective customer meetings to support Merchandising especially for private label programs to understand their needs and then deliver products to fill their needs
- Accomplish goals through strong business acumen, analytical processes, constant follow-up and accountability
- Comprehensive knowledge of the policies, procedures, and procurement best practices
- Control and improve Procurement and/or production cost through development of unique price and quality relationships at source and evaluating source alternatives
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment
- The ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Track and conduct analysis on supply, price, and quality of purchased products against market and other economic drivers
- Previous experience leading and managing a team
BA Degree and 8+ years in a similar sourcing and product management position for an Ecommerce retail or wholesale company.
Please note: This job description is not all inclusive, but rather is intended to capture the majority of the job functions.